I thought I would link up with Erika over on Rouge and Whimsy again this week for her Five Things Friday post. If you're not familiar with Five Things Fridays, it's where you list five good things about your week or five things you are thankful for in an effort to focus more on the positives and not dwell on the negatives. So... here I go....
1. Even though I'm back to being on my own for a little bit since the hubby had to leave again, I can communicate with him this time. :) It's amazing how much better phone calls make things. They can brighten my day like no other.
2. I've been a crazy crochet machine, and I've loved it. I am ridiculously close to finishing the great big blanket I've been working on for a month, so I'm super duper excited! It's such a neat feeling to see something so soft and warm and snuggly that your hands created with only yarn and a little hook.
3. I've been able to really enjoy some time in the past week reading a lot. Even if I can't get off the island right this minute, I can still have a little "mental vacation" and travel anywhere I choose. In the past week, I've been to the American Southwest, Montana, and even London through my little reading getaways. I feel so incredibly blessed to be able to take some time, throw on my bathing suit, and head to the pool with a book in hand just about any day of the week. Such a relaxing thing to do!
4. I'm going on a movie date this weekend with a good girlfriend. We are going to see The Change-Up, and I can't wait! I only hope it lives up to it's previews. Cross your fingers. :) Even if it's one of those movie where every funny part has been put in the previews, I won't mind. A chance to go to a movie, get myself an Icee (and maybe some popcorn), and watch with a good friend is enough.
5. Finally, I'm getting super close to my visit home to Georgia!!! Next week at this time, I'll be there. I honestly can't wait. (I still feel guilty about leaving my "boys," but I know they will be fine.) I can't wait to see my family and enjoy some of the things I miss so much when I'm on this island. It's gonna be great! :)
I hope every one of you guys had a fantastic week, and I hope you have a fantastic weekend! Anybody have any big plans?