Monday, August 8, 2011

I Love....


I've loved the show "I Love Lucy" for as long as I can remember.  Since I was knee high to a grasshopper I've always been glued to the television any time Lucy was on.  Her crazy antics can always put a smile on my face, and even though I've probably seen every episode a dozen times, they never get old.


You can imagine how excited I was this weekend since it would have been Lucille Ball's 100th birthday.  Google did a super awesome home page on Saturday in tribute to her, and Hallmark Channel played nonstop "I Love Lucy" all weekend!  It was great!  My down time was spent finishing up my great big crochet blanket project (which you'll see very soon) while watching. :)  It made for a wonderful weekend for me, and now I'm feeling recharged and ready to prepare for my trip home this week. :)   I still have a lot of things to do before I leave-- like cleaning (since I like to come home to a nice, super clean house), running last minute errands, cleaning my fish tank, getting my pups' stuff ready for their trip to the kennel, and packing-- but I'll get them done.   As Lucille Ball once said, "The more things you do, the more you can do."

I hope everyone else had as weekend just as wonderful as mine.  Anyone else watch Lucy?


2 comments:

  1. Ha ha, I'm actually watching it right now. Watched it all weekend too. Love it, reminds me of my childhood, my dad would only let us watch the old sitcoms, and glad he did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Lucy too! ;-) I watched a lot of "oldies" shows with my mom growing up. We watched that, Bewitched, and a couple others I can't remember right now. =P Old shows are the best!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments! Put a smile on my face and show me some love. :-)