Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Great Big Blanket

Well, I finally finished the crochet blanket (I guess it's technically an afghan, but that sounds like those ugly things on the backs of sofas in the 1970s, I prefer "blanket.").  I've been working on it for a month, and it took hours and hours of work, but now that it's finished, I think it's all worth it. I'm a little proud of myself. 


I used Caron Simply Soft yarn (which I would highly recommend) to make my 5'x6' creation.  The body of the blanket was done with a variety of the fan stitch called the "Peacock Stitch," and the edging was done with single crochet.  Everything came together quite well to make a nice, cuddly, soft blanket that you really want to snuggle up under.  I can't wait to give it to my family to let them enjoy it!  Anyhoo... just wanted to share one of the creations that I've been spending many many hours on lately. :)  

Hope you guys are having a fantastic Wednesday!  I'll be flying out tonight, so I'm crossing my fingers that the flights go well.  Forgive me if my posts are a bit sporadic over the next week, but I'll be soaking up lots of time with friends and family. :) 

1 comment:

  1. That is such a beautiful blanket! I know whoever you give it to will enjoy it for years! Good luck on your flights and I'll be looking forward to hearing all about your trip! :) Enjoy the time home!!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments! Put a smile on my face and show me some love. :-)