I'm back today with another installment of Five Things Friday, a link up with Erika from Rouge and Whimsy. In case you haven't seen a Five Things Friday post, it's where you list five good things about your week. Reminding yourself of things you are thankful for does wonders in helping to maintain a positive attitude and not dwell on the negative.
I know I was MIA yesterday, but forgive me because I have very good reason... I was running around stocking my fridge and pantry before a crazy cleaning spree. ;)
1. I had a grand time learning some new crochet stitches this week, and I've put them to use working on a big project. I'll be sure to share it when I finish! :)
2. Thanks to my cleaning spree today, my house is super duper spic-and-span. I'm talking baseboards cleaned, fridge cleaned out, and underneath-the-sofa-cushions cleaned kinda clean. It feels great!
3. I got a new hair cut, color, and some new feathers. Nothing crazy different or funky, but it sure makes me feel pretty. :)
4. Earlier this week I got my first e-mail from the husband in a month and a half, which was soon followed by the first phone call in the same amount of time. It's SOOOO wonderful hearing a loved one's voice when you haven't heard it in a while! (Thinking about how that month and a half felt like such a long time makes me super thankful to live in the day and age that I do. I can't even fathom getting only letters.... every once in a while... if possible... for years... We are some blessed people today!)
5. Last but not least, I will be laying eyes on my husband in a matter of hours instead of days! I can't wait to see him and have him home for a little while! It will be so nice to have someone around to talk to, enjoy a meal with, go on a date with, and share some household responsibilities with. :) (If I'm MIA again for a few days, I'm sure you'll understand...)
That pretty much sums up why I had a fantastic week. I hope everyone else had one just as wonderful, and I hope that everyone has a super fabulous weekend ahead!