1. My brother-in-law flew in today to stay with us for a while! I'm excited to have another human being in the house to talk to, and I know Kent is going to have a great time spending time with his brother when he gets back soon.
2. It's been a really productive week for me. I've finished a lot of crochet projects, and I plan to photograph them this weekend and get them in the shop by the beginning of next week. :) I can't wait to share everything with you guys!
3. The house plants I bought a few weeks ago are still alive! I know. I know. A few weeks isn't really anything to celebrate, but for me it is. Usually I kill plants pretty quickly, so this is a good thing for me. Let's hope I can keep it up.
4. This might seem like a silly one, but I just saw the movie "Tangled" for the first time the other night. I watched it with my friend Sarah, and I thought it was one of the most adorable things I'd seen in a while. It's funny how little things like seeing a cute movie can totally make my week.
5. As crazy as this may sound, I'm pretty pumped that my calves are so sore I can barely walk. Last week I was thankful for some new shoes to give me more workout motivation. Well, I got it. My new shoes are some of the New Balance "barefoot," or minimalist, shoes. I got them because both my hubby and one of my brother-in-laws had been running in minimalist shoes for a while, and they had told me about all the benefits. I did some of my own research, and decided it was something I wanted to try. It sounded like a great way to strengthen my feet and calves and basically correct my unnatural heel-strike running technique. I've run in them every other day this week, and I can't tell you how great they felt. Even though my calves are ridiculously sore, I felt like I had good form, and I really felt good the whole time I was running. It was awesome. I definitely have my motivation now.
Did you guys have a good week? Anything in particular that made your week awesome?