Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Yum!

The past few weekends, I've stopped at the Hale'iwa farmer's market on the way to the beach on the North Shore.  Each time I've picked up some jam or bread that is okay to sit in the car for a bit, but each time I've really wanted to get this pineapple salsa that one of the vendors is selling.  

This stuff is soooo good.  I mean I wanted to eat a whole container of it by myself. 

I love pineapple, and I love spicy things, so this vendor's salsa hit the spot.  Unfortunately, it couldn't sit in the hot car while I played at the beach, so I decided I'd hunt around for a similar recipe and make some myself.

I think I found a pretty good one. :)  And I thought I'd share. 

I doctored it up with a little more pepper than what the recipe called for, but you can make it however you like.  Hope you like it!



Pineapple Salsa
Great with just chips or with grilled chicken, pork, or fish.
  
1 cup finely chopped fresh pineapple (I just used a whole pineapple and eyeballed the other ingredients accordingly.)
2 tablespoons finely chopped purple onion
2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
1 tablespoon finely chopped red bell pepper, optional
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon honey
dash ground red pepper, cayenne or chipotle (This little bit of cayenne didn't get it near spicy enough for my taste, so I kept adding and it turned out fine.)
2 teaspoons finely minced jalapeno pepper, optional
juice of 1 fresh lime, about 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Just mix all the ingredients in a bowl, chill for a few hours for flavors to blend, and enjoy!

This recipe came from this website

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments! Put a smile on my face and show me some love. :-)