Yay! It's Friday once again. :) Time for yet another Five Things Friday post. Inspired by a link up from my friend Erika from Rouge and Whimsy, this post helps to focus on the positive in life instead of the negative by listing five things you are thankful for or five good things about the week.
1. I'm so thankful that the husband is home for a while. I forget how wonderful it is to not be the only one to take out the trash, fill up the dogs' water bowl, or run to the grocery store when I've forgotten an ingredient. It's little things like those that make really put a smile on my face. Not to mention, the humongous smile on my face and in my heart the other morning, when he surprised me with a very tasty breakfast burrito. I mean, what more can a girl ask for?
2. I know I have my moments when I get frustrated living on an island in the middle of the ocean, but this week, I've had several moments when I've looked around and thought, "Man... I actually live here... on this gorgeous island with this gorgeous weather and this unbelievable scenery." I love when that happens. And I love that pineapples are grown here so that it's super cheap to make yummy things like the pineapple salsa that I made earlier in the week.
3. This week also brought on several new sales of hats and scarves to ship out. Boy, did that ever put a smile on my face! Not only does it mean that someone appreciated my work enough to buy it, but it also means I get to donate to a local animal shelter! That really puts a smile on my face! (In honor of my excitement, I've got a coupon code going until Sunday. Use SAVEAPET at checkout for 10% off your purchase.)
4. I'm also pretty thankful that I'm still on a motivational high from my new barefoot running shoes I purchased a couple of weeks ago. I'm still excited to get up and run in the mornings, and I feel myself getting stronger and healthier each time. Gotta love that.
5. On Sunday, I'm getting a haircut! That always makes any week better, and this was no exception. It's given me something to look forward to, and I can't wait for that "fresh cut" feeling. :) Yay for haircuts!
Hope you all had an awesome week!