Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Back in Full Force

Hello! And Happy Wednesday!

I know I was a lazy bum last week. Literally, the only things I did were work out, lay out, and read.  
Motivation for creative projects had temporarily left me. 

But....

It's baaaaaack! (At least for the time being.)

I've been quite the busy bee since this week began.  Between running errands and hitting the gym hard (since I'd been my version of a slacker... skipping a day or two and only working out 4 days a week), I've still found the motivation to get cracking on the projects I meant to start last week.  

So far, I've cranked out quite a few paintings.  Some were custom orders of designs I've already done, but some are new in my shop, and I'd like to show you...

Here's one of a desert sunset.
Last week, two of the books I read were set in the South West.  I was inspired 
by the idea of sunset in the desert, so here ya go. :)

I also got around to a couple more in the "Puppy Love" series.


I did another cute little Bulldog in red and black for any "dawg fans," and a regal Great Dane in hunter green.  I had planned on doing a few more because I'd just gotten a shipment of canvases... but when I opened the box, the canvases were the wrong size.  Bummer... :-/  Oh well, hopefully I'll get the new ones in soon.  Until then, you guys can tell me what you'd like to see next.

In addition to these things, I did a little more on that coffee table I picked up what feels like ages ago.  I am probably three-quarters finished with it (and have been for about 2 1/2 weeks), but I just got tired of looking at it and left it for a while.  Yesterday, though, I decided to get back to work on it so I'll have it finished soon. :)  

And finally, I picked up a few things for another baby quilt that a friend asked me to make, plus some things for a 4th of July Wreath Tutorial that I'll be doing on a friend's blog soon.... Whew!  Like I said, motivation is back, and it came back full force!  Hopefully, I'll have lots to show you in the coming days.  For now, Happy Hump Day!


Oh, and right now there's not any fierce competition in the giveaway.  If you haven't entered yet, hop on over and do it!  Right now you have a good chance of winning!

2 comments:

  1. I love that painting! Which books have you been reading?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks just like AZ. it even has a sequoia. beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments! Put a smile on my face and show me some love. :-)