Thursday, March 10, 2011

Beach Scene Complete

Today I finished the beach scene I told you about the other day. It's in my Etsy Shop now, so hop on over and check it out!

I had so much fun painting this one.  Although I love Love LOVE doing my pet portraits, dogs never seem to be born in vibrant colors, so my color palate is usually lots of brown, white, and black.  This one let me use bright beautiful blues and greens.  It kept me as inspired as I was at the beginning of the week.  I'll be working on more Hawaii scenery very soon!


While I'm on the subject of beaches, I thought I'd share my new favorite beach-related find with you.  I'm pretty excited about it and can't wait to use it.

It's a beach bag.

I know, I know... what's exciting about a beach bag?

Well, I'll tell you.  When I go to the beach here (since I'm not on vacation and don't live in a resort right on the beach), I have to pack up a lot of things to take if I want to stay out all day-- towels, sunscreen, my phone, snacks, lots of water since I'm a well-hydrated girl, a book or magazine, a cover-up, my camera, etc.  Most beach bags just don't cut it.  They are usually just too small.  Plus, I wanted one that zipped up on the top so everything wouldn't fall out while I'm riding to the beach in "the cruiser" with Kent.  (It's not the smoothest ride.)

I searched high and low for the perfect bag with this combination of "musts," but it was to no avail.  When I would find one that zipped, it was too small.  When I found a big one it just had one little magnet to keep it closed... just not practical for me.  I even searched online and found one I thought would work, but it was $90!  I will never pay $90 for a beach bag.

Just when I had given up hope, I went in the Ross store down the road from me.  (Yes, this was while I was nabbing my mirror and little vase yesterday.)  There it was.  My perfect beach bag!

It's huge.... and has a zipper.... and isn't ugly with skulls and crossbones on it (I saw one of those once too).  To make things even better, it was $7!!!! Yes, I said $7!  I thought it would be cheaply made for $7, but it's not.  It's sturdy canvas with a sturdy zipper and strong handles.    In other words, it's awesome.

 (I made "the boys" model so you could get an idea of the size.  Neither was too thrilled about it because I woke them up from their naps to sit there for me.)

I tried to look online to find a company website to share, but I couldn't.  They don't have one.  You may have to just get lucky in Ross or on eBay.  It's made by a company called Rugged Equipment out of New York.  Anyhoo... just thought I would share this new knowledge in case anyone else wants a super awesome, huge, zip top, reasonably priced beach bag.

Have a terrific Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments! Put a smile on my face and show me some love. :-)